The Eastman VA405 viola is popular amongst the most discerning players. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, a small number of master workshops in Markneukirchen, Germany distinguished themselves by developing some of the best varnishes of the modern era. Andreas Eastman's commitment to quality tonewood and expert hand-craftsmanship is abundantly evident. The varnish used on the model 405 instruments emulates these exceptional varnishes from a century ago.
- Meticulously hand-carved
- Premium spruce top
- Highly flamed maple back, ribs, and scroll
- Hand-carved boxwood fittings
- Beautiful hand-applied multi-layer spirit varnish in the early 20th century Markneukirchen German style
- Stradivari pattern
- Sizes: 17'- 15' (17 in. models may require wait time. Be sure to inquire!)
- FREE set up!
- PLEASE NOTE - 17 in. models may require wait time.