The Wilhelm Klier instruments, like the Rudoulf Doetsch model, are crafted in Germany using a time-honored workshop-method tradition. These high-end instruments are made of older wood to achieve a warmer sound. They are highly flamed and varnished with a deep coloration to give an classic, old-fashioned look. The sound is described as rounder than that of a new instrument, almost as if it had already been broken in. These instruments are an excellent upgrade for the advanced musician.
- Crafted in Germany
- Select aged European tonewoods
- Tonal adjustments made and antique-style varnish hand- applied at the Eastman Strings workshop in Beijing, China
- Noted for “old, played-in” sound and response
- Viola available in sizes 16 1/2" - 15" in Stradivari pattern
- Fine suspension viola case with plush interior, pockets for music and accessories, carrying straps
- Genuine silver/nickel mounted Pernambuco bow